Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Weekend

We spent the weekend playing at home... we have dogs now, so we can't leave! The girls got adventurous with the warm weather on Saturday and found our blow up pool and slip-n-slide. Lots of fun!

Then on Sunday, I was served a gourmet breakfast before church. The kids played with the puppies and the neighbors all day. Nadine is so proud, she has been playing basketball with Daddy and has made several baskets! Yea Nadine!

Then we went to the Scott's house for Mothers Day dinner and fun! We played volleyball and had a wonderful cookout with 5 families. We are so blessed with great friends and neighbors! My girls were even brave enough to jump in the very cold swimming pool.





Volleyball continued into the night... nice serve Cindy!


Suzanne helped Lucy finish off the home made whip cream... by hand!


And finally, Indy and Scarlet had all the fun they could stand. They found Lucy's stroller and went to sleep. Aren't they sweet!

I had a wonderful Mothers Day. I am very, very blessed. I have a wonderful husband who loves me at my best and worst. I have gracious, loving, forgiving children who love me when I'm the best mom or the tired and grumpy mom. And now I have two sweet dogs who love me because I feed them, play with them and pick up after them. I have parents, sisters and family that I can lean on in times of need or laugh with in times of joy. I have friends that will laugh with me, cry with me, pray with me and pray for me! What more could a girl ask for?

Ecclesiastes 4:10:
10 If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!

I am blessed with many who will pick me up when I fall down! My love to you all!

0 comments: